CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
When we use the term “personal information” in these CA Disclosures, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
For the purposes of these Disclosures, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to you.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; or information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Information relating to our employees, contractors and other personnel.
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the previous 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose:
- All of the categories of personal information we collect, explained in the table above.
In the previous 12 months, we have sold the following categories of personal information to third parties, subject to your settings and preferences and your Right to Opt Out:
- Commercial Information
- Internet / Network Information
- Geolocation Data
The categories of third parties to whom we sell or disclose your personal information for a business purpose include:
Our affiliate companies
- Other third party business partners who use this information to market to you, to perform analytics and conduct research, or for other purposes;
- Service providers and advisors that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include providing marketing and advertising services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or similar services;
- Product Suppliers who may use the information to fulfill warranty service obligations, product recalls, or transaction tracking regarding shipments or leases of supplier products or similar activities;
- Businesses as needed to provide Services or to fulfil your request or transaction, including, for example, order fulfilment, payment processing, or delivery or shipping services;
- Ad networks and advertising partners to deliver advertising and personalized content to you on our Service, on other sites and services you may use, and across other devices you may use, as well as provide on behalf of advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research;
- Analytics providers to better understand the demographics of our users and visitors, and to personalize, enhance and improve our Service;
- Social networks for advertising or personalization purposes, or to engage with you.
Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We utilize third-party partners to engage in online advertising. These ad networks, social media companies and other third-party businesses collect your personal information directly from your browser or device through cookies or similar tracking technology when you visit or interact with our website, use our apps or otherwise engage with us online. These third parties use your personal information to serve relevant ads on our site, on other websites or mobile apps, or on other devices you may use, or to personalize content and perform other advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. These third-party businesses may use such information for their own purposes in accordance with their own privacy statements, which may include reselling this information to additional third parties, including other advertising networks.
4. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
5. TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
To exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
· Filling out a California Consumer Rights Request through our Privacy Portal, or
· Calling 800-350-6155
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
Minors Under Age 16
Our websites are not directed to minors. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us with regard to the disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of having your personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please submit a California Consumer Rights Request through our Privacy Portal and provide your contact information to be added to our suppression list.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Updates to These CA Disclosures
We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these CA Disclosures, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of these Disclosures. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.