|Brand||APPROVED SUPPLIER||Item||USS Flat Washer|
|Fits Bolt Sizes||3/8 in.||Pack Quantity||100|
|Flat Washer Basic Material||Steel||System of Measurement||Fractional|
|Grade||L9||Washer Material Grade||L9|
|Inside Diameter||3/8 in.|
The Grade 9 fastening system consists of one bolt, two washers, and a free-spinning nut produced to exacting specifications. The system is engineered to provide reliable performance for severe service conditions, and it is recommended for joints subject to severe stress and vibration. Typical applications are found on equipment or vehicles used in off-the-road work, construction, mining, amusement parks, and truck and plant maintenance. Proper installation ensures that service loads are borne by machine components rather than by the fasteners.
THE GRADE 9 SYSTEM MUST BE USED AS A COMPLETE SYSTEM WITH NO SUBSTITUTES OR ALTERATIONS OF COMPONENTS (INCLUDING LUBRICATION). SUBSTITUTING OR ALTERING ANY COMPONENT OR ALTERING THE ASSEMBLED FINISHES, CAN CAUSE FASTENER OR JOINT FAILURE.
APPLICATION FEATURES:*Coarse thread.
- Free-spinning nuts.
- 180,000 psi minimum tensile strength with good ductility.
- Joint integrity assured by: high clamp loads, firm bearing surfaces of washers.
- Uniform minimal torque effort from controlled surface finishes.
- Corrosion resistance of coating on plated surfaces.
- Non-slip wrenching with extra thick nuts and bolt heads.
DESIGN FEATURES:*Heat treated alloy steel manufactured to controlled quality levels.
- Generous fillet assures head integrity and uniform transfer of load between head and shank.
- Radius root threads reduce "V-notch effect" and "necking".
- Through-hardened, plated washers sustain high clamp loads and reduce friction during assembly.
- Free-spinning nuts are designed to meet 180,000 psi proof strength of the bolt.
|VMRS (ATA) CODES||053-007-008|
All information contained herein is the property of Imperial Supplies LLC, and is published here for your use only. Any reproduction or distribution of this information without prior written consent from Imperial Supplies LLC is strictly prohibited.
Imperial Supplies LLC does not provide services and products outside the United States
For more product information by email, click here